Connect With Morrow

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact City Hall?

You may contact City Hall at 770.961.4002 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.

Can I burn trash, leaves, debris?

City of Morrow residents may obtain a permit for outdoor burning between October 1st and April 30th. Outdoor burning is banned in the metro Atlanta area between May 1st and September 30th. Residents are allowed to burn leaves, small limbs and pine straw only. Large limbs, trees stumps, construction materials and garbage may not be burned. Burning shall not start before 0900 AM and shall be extinguished by dusk. No burning shall be conducted without having first obtained a permit from the City of Morrow Fire Department, call 770-961-4008 to obtain a burn permit. Permits are good for one day only and may be revoked for cause. There is no cost for a residential burning permit. If you have questions concerning outdoor burning call the Fire Department at 770-961-4008. Open burning without a permit is subject to a fine and a court citation. The Fire Department shall make the determination to approve or not approve open burning for the day based on: current weather conditions, future weather forecasts, State wide burn bands, Red Flag warnings, or other factors. Important items for residents each time a burn permit is issued: 1. An adult must be present while burning. 2. A water hose shall be readily accessible while burning. 3. Piles of leaves, small limbs or pine straw shall be no larger than 4ft x 4ft. 4. No burning before 0900 and all fires must be extinguished before dusk. 5. Permits can be revoked by Fire Department personnel for cause. Cause may include but not limited to: a. Complaints by neighbors. b. Excessive burning. c. Change in weather conditions. d. Non-compliant.

How can I find a job with the city government?

Contact the City Human Resources Department at (770) 961-4002 for information on job openings. CLICK HERE for a list of career opportunities with the City of Morrow.

Where do I report problems with overflowing manholes or streets that are flooding?

You may contact the Clayton County Water Authority at (770) 960-5200.

How do I report a traffic signal malfunction?

You may call the Clayton County Traffic Engineering at 770.477.3691.

Where do I pay for a traffic ticket or parking violation?

There are three ways to pay a traffic ticket in the City of Morrow: 1) Go online to and pay with a credit or debit card; 2) Mail in a money order or cashier's check to City of Morrow Municipal Court 1500 Morrow Road Morrow, GA 30260; 3) Come in person and pay at the City of Morrow Municipal Complex 1500 Morrow Road, Morrow, GA 30260. For questions concerning your ticket, please call Morrow Municipal Court at (770) 960-3012. Personal checks are not accepted.

How do I learn about the different city departments and what their responsibilities are?

Visit the City Info links in the top menu bar of this website to see up to date information on the different departments.

Where can I learn about our City Council members?

Visit the City Council page to see up to date information on the Mayor & Council members.

How can a citizen stay up-to-date with City Council meetings?

City Council meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month, with Work Sessions beginning at 7:00 pm and the Regular Meetings beginning at 7:30 pm. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers of City Hall located at 1500 Morrow Road. Agendas of all meetings are posted at least 24 hours prior to each meeting. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings and get involved.

For information concerning past meetings, visit the City Council page to review Approved Minutes.

What are the holidays that garbage is not collected?

Visit the Public Works Department page to see up to date information on alternative collection days.

How do I get a street sign repaired or one put back up that is missing?

Call the City of Morrow Public Works Department at (770) 960-3000.

When is a permit required?

No person, firm or corporation shall erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, convert or demolish any building or structure within the city, or cause the same to be done, without first obtaining a permit for such building or structure from the building official. Separate permits are required for grading, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and low-voltage. However, a homeowner is exempted from obtaining a building permit for remodeling and/or improving his or her dwelling or property as long as the cost of the construction materials does not exceed $1,000.00, and the work is begun and completed solely by the homeowner. This exemption applies only to nonstructural changes (refer to the definition of "Structure" in the city zoning ordinance) and does not apply to any activity which changes the square footage of a structure.

How do I report an emergency situation?

In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.

How can I find accommodations for my trip to Morrow?

Please visit our Tourist Center website at

Can a citizen address the Mayor & Council during a Council Meeting without already being on the official meeting agenda?

The Mayor & Council welcome public comment at each regular business meeting and work session. Public comment will come at the end of the regular business meeting but before the executive session if called. Any member of the public wishing to make comments must sign up with the City Clerk prior to the call of the meeting.

What City Facilities are available to rent?

You may rent the recreation pavilion at Milton Daniel Memorial Park, the Morrow Tourist Center, The Morrow City Hall Community Room or the Morrow Conference Center.

Who do I call about renting City Facilities?

You may call City Hall at 770.961.4002 to rent the pavilion or community room. To rent the Morrow Tourist Center call (770) 968-1623. To rent the Morrow Conference Center call (678) 489-5161.

How do I access Public/Open records?

Visit the Open Government page or Contact the City Clerk, Yasmin Julio, at with your request.

How do I report a code violation?

Contact Code enforcement officer Randy Anderson at