The value of annexation empowers people to choose the government that will provide them with the highest level of services and be responsive to their needs. The City of Morrow has continually provided the highest level of services while setting the standards for quality growth.
There are many reasons why property owners and citizens desire to have their property annexed into the City of Morrow. The City offers several advantages such as:
Increased Levels of Service
- Excellent fire and ambulance services
- Police protection, including vacation patrols and code enforcement - higher police officer to resident ratio and smaller patrolling areas
- Mosquito control
- Limbs and junk pick-up free once per week
- Street lights only $60 (annual fee on property tax bill)
- Back door garbage pick-up (annual fee on property tax bill)
- Neighborhood Watch program
- Parks and neighborhood events
More Responsive Local Government
- Increased property values
- A strong sense of community
If you have any questions regarding annexation or wish to submit your petition for annexation, please do not hesitate to call Sylvia Redic, Special Projects @ 678.902.0937.
Laws governing annexation are created by the Georgia General Assembly. For additional information, please see Chapter 36 of Title 36 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated.