Connect With Morrow

Government - Police Department

Dedicated to Safety and Education

The Morrow Police Department is dedicated to finding new and innovative ways to combat and prevent crime.

Morrow is a safe and wonderful place to live. The Morrow Police Department takes pride in providing a well-trained and dedicated team of men and women, as well as the resources needed to create a secure environment for those who live, work and visit here.

They also provide educational outreach programs to teach citizens of all ages about crime prevention and safety.

The police department strives to make Morrow a safe place to work, visit and play creating the perfect town to establish roots while enjoying easy access to Metro Atlanta.

Police Department FAQ's

When should I call 911?

9-1-1 should be used in emergency situations only, where immediate police, fire, or medical assistance is needed. Examples of this are crimes in progress, crashes with injuries or life threatening situations. All other calls should be directed to the main administrative number of 770-961-4006 Monday thru Friday from 8:00am until 10:00pm.

What are the Police Department's Hours?

The Police Department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, the lobby of the department is only staffed from 8:00am - 10:00pm, Monday thru Friday (excluding city holidays). Please call 911 in any case of emergency.

How do I file a Police Report?

There are two ways to file a report with Morrow P.D.:

1) Call 911 and an officer will be dispatched to your location (must be in the City of Morrow) to take a report, or

2) Come to Morrow P.D. Headquarters at 6311-A Murphy Dr., Morrow, GA 30260. Stop at the Records Department in the lobby and ask for an officer to meet with you and take a report. You cannot file a report over the phone.

How can I obtain a copy of my police report?

Reports are usually completed within 5 business days. You may pick up a copy of your report at the Police Department (address listed above). We do not fax police reports.

Is there a cost for police reports?

Yes. Accident reports are $5.00. Incident reports are also $5.00.

How can I speak to the detective/investigator assigned to my case?

Call (770) 961.4006 and your call will be directed to the right person.

Do you do background checks? How much do they cost?

Yes. You need to fill out a form at the police department and present a valid government-issued ID. Background checks cover the entire state of Georgia and are ready for pick up immediately. The cost is $20.00.

Do you do Criminal History checks? How much do they cost?

Yes. You need to fill out a form at the police department and present a valid government-issued ID. Criminal History checks are completed while you wait. The cost is $20.00.

Do you issue server's license/permits? How much do they cost?

Yes. You need to fill out a form at the police department and present a valid government-issued ID. Server's permits/license are completed while you wait. The cost is $75.00.

Can I get my fingerprints done at the Police Department?

No, not at this time.

Can I get a TPO (Temporary Protective Order) at the police department?

We do not issue TPOs. These are issued by the local Sheriff's office where the person you are filing against lives.

If the Police Department has my vehicle towed, where can I find it?

The Morrow Police Department contracts with New Image Towing. They are located at 4780 Old Dixie Hwy, Forest Park, GA 30297 (770) 252-4392.

If Morrow P.D. obtained property from me, how can I get it back?

Contact the evidence custodian at (770) 961.4006 to ensure your property is available for retrieval, the proper paperwork has been completed and to set up an appointment to retrieve it.

During what days and times can I retrieve my property?

It's strongly suggested you call the Evidence Unit to arrange pickup first. Come to the police department lobby between 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and the Evidence Unit will be notified. Any arrangements for pick up outside of normal business hours will need to be pre-arranged with the Evidence Custodian.

I got ticketed by the Police Department. How much does it cost and how can I pay for it?

Contact the Morrow Municipal Court at (770) 961.4002 to answer your question. Their hours are 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Is it possible to get an extra patrol while away on vacation?

Yes. Please call (770) 961.4000.

Does the Police Department have a neighborhood watch or a business watch program?

Yes, we have both. For further information, call Major Greg Tatroe (770) 961.4006.

How do I deal with a theft?

To report a theft, call 911. Most thefts are opportunistic in nature, so make it more difficult for the theft to take place. For example, never leave valuable objects (laptop, I-pod, cell phone, purse, etc.) in open view inside your parked car.

Make sure you write down all your serial numbers and identification markings. Place the list in a safe place or two - maybe a list at home, and email yourself at work. If you are ever a victim, you can give the serial numbers and identification markings to the police to enter in the National Automated Property System. If anyone is caught with the property it can be identified as stolen and the culprit can be arrested. With the public's help we can reduce thefts, recover more stolen property and arrest more thieves.

How do I deal with an animal that has been hurt or endangered?

1) If you see a loose dog or other animal, contact the owner if you know who they are. If you don't know who owns the animal, contact Clayton County Animal Control at (770) 477.3509.

2) Keep children inside. Wait for Animal Services to catch the animal before going outside.

3) Do not pick up or touch injured animals. A bite from an animal may necessitate medical treatment for the injury and shots for rabies. This is especially true if the animal runs away before it can be caught and tested.

4) If you know the animal and it is familiar with you, try to contain it to a fenced yard. Avoid pulling on it. If you injure it, it may bite you.

5) If you encounter a large animal such as a cow or horse, try not to spook it. Warn traffic of the loose animal if possible and contact Clayton County Animal Control at (770) 477.3509.

Who do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?

All information about people in jail can be obtained from calling jail information at 770-477-4413 or go to their website The jail is operated by the Clayton County Sheriff's Office.

What should I do if I'm involved in a collision?

If you are involved in a minor collision where there are no visible signs of injury to persons involved and the vehicles are drivable then move your vehicle out of the traveled portion of the roadway. Cars left in the road contribute to traffic back-ups, which can cause other collisions. In fact, State law requires that motorists move their cars from freeways. Call the police at 911 and exchange driver information.

How do I obtain information through open records?

To obtain information through open records citizens must submit an open records request to the Morrow City Clerk. Requests must be made in writing. Citizens may either send their request by email to City Clerk Viet Tran at or by fax to 770-960-3002. Requests may also be mailed to Morrow City Hall at 1500 Morrow Road, Morrow, GA 30260.

Case Status - Why haven't I heard from my detective yet?

The case must be submitted through a computerized system that checks for errors and routes the report to the Criminal Investigations Division. Once the case arrives in CID, a supervisor must assign the case to a detective. Once the case is assigned, it is prioritized by the detective using solvability factors. If there is an error in the way the report was written or filed a delay is possible. If the detective is working major felony case it is possible that cases that are not violent are moved down in que causing a delay.

Case Status - Has my property been found?

If your property was found, and if the Detective has a way to contact you he or she will contact you and talk to you about returning the property.

Case Status - I've realized there is additional stolen property

If you have not been contacted by a detective, call 770-961-4006 with your case number to update the case and property information over the phone (this includes adding serial numbers and other case information.) The detective will then add that information to the report and the national data base of stolen property.

Case Status - How do I contact a detective?

Detective E. Skelton:
Detective Q. Lumpkin:
Detective Sgt . G. Preusser:
Major Greg Tatroe:

What should I do when I see flashing lights behind me?

If you see flashing lights behind you, you should pull to the right and slow down. When an officer is trying to stop you, you should pull off of the roadway when it is safe and come to a stop. If you are stopped at night, turn your interior dome light on. Limit your movements inside your vehicle until the officer approaches and requests your license and insurance information. Traffic stops are inherently unpredictable in the eyes of an officer and reaching into your glove box or purse as the officer approaches only adds to an already tense situation.

What if I am in a secluded area or want to verify that a real police officer is pulling me over?

When you see the lights flashing, slow down and pull to the right and turn your hazard lights on. This will act as an acknowledgement to the officer. If you have a cell phone, call 911 and tell the operator that you want to verify that an officer is trying to stop you. Listen to the operator's instructions as to what to do next. If you do not have a cell phone, stop in a well lit/well populated area, lock your door, roll your window down an inch and request the officer provide his/her department issued identification card. All Morrow Police Officers have a department issued id card.

If you believe that a real officer is trying to stop you but you do not want to stop in a dark area, again slow down, pull to the right and activate your hazards. You can continue to drive until you reach the next well lit area.

The important thing in both of these situations is to acknowledge the officer trying to stop you.

What if I am being stopped by an unmarked police car?

Acknowledge the officer as described above. Call 911 to verify the officer's identity or stop in a well lit/well populated area and verify the officer's id as described above.

Where is the Morrow Police Department located?

We are located at 6311-Murphy Drive Morrow, GA 30260. The main office number is (770) 961-4006.

How can I contact the police for help?

In the event of an emergency, call 911. We are dispatched through the Clayton County 911 Communication center on all calls. If you need to contact the Morrow PD for non-emergency matters, please call (770) 961-4006, Monday thru Friday from 9:00am until 5:00pm. (Holidays excepted)

How Can I request Evidence return?

If you are attempting to have evidence returned. You must fill out an evidence request form at the Morrow Police Department. To have any evidence returned you will need to include a copy of your valid driver's license or photo I.D., case number, and proof of ownership (In some cases). Requests will not be processed without completing the evidence request with the required information. We cannot process requests for evidence returns by phone. Items will be issued 5 days after the completed evidence form has been submitted.

Will the Morrow Police Department host a Citizen's Police Academy?

Yes. For further information, please contact Interim Chief Mosteller at 770-961-4006.

More Info

Contact Information
Michael Crumpler
Chief of Police
6311-A Murphy Drive
Morrow, GA 30260
Phone: 770-961-4006
Fax: 770-960-3017

Mission Statement
"It is the mission of the Morrow Police Department to enhance the quality of life in the City of Morrow, by reducing crime through excellence in police service, in partnership with our community."

Police Department Links
Connect With Morrow P.D.